EMAE - Empresa Metropolitana de Águas e Energia S.A. was founded in 1899 by The São Paulo Railway, Light and Power Company Limited, from Toronto, Canada, to supply the railway company with electrical energy. In 1901 the first hydroelectric power plant started operations and in 1912 the first thermoelectric power plant. To supply the hydroelectric power plant with water the Guarapiranga reservoir was constructed in 1908. In the 30s new power plants required additional water reservoir capacity and the Billings reservoir was built and the Pinheiros river had its course regulated like a canal. After the privatization of the state energy companies in 1999, EMAE inherited all production and transmission capacity, supplying the new private distributors.
A project to refurbish and transform a shed into a Convention Center with all the necessary modern facilities and infrastructure and an adjoining parking area was requested. Facility with an area of 1000m² with a fully equipped auditorium for 250 to 300 persons, a lobby capable of housing events such as expositions, receptions, etc., flexible meeting rooms to support events all integrated with a garden fit for outdoor events. All this equipped with state of the art technology and ample telecom access. Project time: 10 weeks.